TODAY'S HINT

Use the Delay Feature on your washing machine to have a load of clothes washed when you get up. All you need to do then is put in the dryer!

































































Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life Thoughts

Considering the name of my blog is Life...Organized, I thought it was time we discussed life. Yes being more organized and having less clutter in your home has a direct corelation with your inner feelings and thoughts. However, do you absolutely need to be in control of where every item goes in your house? Can you learn to let go of some things so you can have more of a life?

You certainly can. A friend popped by yesterday and was amazed by all the toys on my living room floor. "You have come a long way Andrea", she said. I remember when this would have never happened." I replied with, "Well, I will pick them up later, what's the point of tidying this room up 20 times in one day." Never ever would I have allowed this 5 years ago. I have been on an amazing journey in the last 5 years of personal growth. Having to pick up the toys constantly was something I did when Hanna was a toddler. Now, I am armed with the knowledge that the toys on my floor do not equal being a "bad mother or bad wife". I have learned to let go, loosen up and just live. If I had to chose spending 10 minutes with my son, teaching him a new sound or the name of something new, or clean up the toys and let him see that cleaning was more important than him; what choice should I make?

You see, children learn from example. You children want to be just like you. Running around the house and always cleaning is NOT how I want to be remembered by my kids, husband or friends. I want to teach them through my actions that spending time with them is the most important priority I have. Yes, we all need to work for a living. And I do believe that when your home is under control and it doesn't look like a tornado just passed through that everything goes a whole lot smoother. Just think for a moment though, if today was your last day, what was more crucial - getting the toys picked up right away so the house was clean, or spending time with someone who loves you?

No comments:

Post a Comment